I have been slowly teaching Hubby new terms. Some stick, most don't. Especially those that deal with quilting. The most recent term is "squishies". It means the wonderful squishy envelope that has something in it. And I got some this past week.
The first is from
Karyli. (I am stealing all pictures from her blog.) She made this wonderful block for our
Block Swap Adventure.
 |
| I LOVE THIS! |
Here is the one I sent to her. It looks much nicer on her blog then the picture I took.
 |
She requested Sailboat block. I tried to make
some gentle waves but you can't really tell. Oh well. |
Next
Riel sent me this package. I had commented on one of her posts, she responded. She is making a blue and green quilt for her son. I mentioned that I am making a purple one for my oldest. She said she had leftover squares and would send them to me if I was interested. Really, really??? OH YES. I thought maybe 5 or 6 squares. NOPE.
 |
| Look at all the purple goodness! |
Most pieces are much bigger then the charm size I thought I was getting. I am claiming some for me for my stash and for making hexagons. She even sent a package of 1/2" hexies that she said were too small for her. Oh my. THANK YOU SO MUCH. See it pays to comment. My youngest said she liked the fairy print (top of picture) but not the purple. I am making a pink quilt for that one. The oldest loved it all.
Finally, here is the latest hexagon that I have made. And not very well. I was not sure if I would like and be the pattern so I went a little quick and did not iron between steps. Lesson definitely learned. I do like the pattern and I think I can use it for something....mug rug??
 |
| Can you tell it was not ironed? Look at the top, it is sticking straight up! |
I am linking this hexagon to
Sew Lux blog. They are ones the posted the
tutorial on how to make this hexagon (did I mention it is about 6.5 inches?). You should go check out the ones on their site. Plus if you make one and post it by tomorrow (March 1), you can win half yard set of each of the
Innocent Crush fabrics featured in their tutorial project.
I am going to make more of these blocks and next time, I will iron and measure better. Their stuff is much better then the one I made.
No comments:
Post a Comment