Saturday, February 26, 2011

Home at last....that is good right?

The girls are home! We were not sure if they would get home today or not. We had a storm yesterday / overnight. It was rain, freezing rain, snow, sun. My mom is an hour away and once you get off the highway, there was no telling what the road would be like. Plus she lives on a dirt road up a steep hill. After a lovely breakfast at the restaurant Cora's, I left to get the girls around 12:30 pm. Hubby is sick - again, still, urg!

The drive was okay for the most part. There were a few spots where the wheels seemed to get gripped by the snow/slush on the highway. But I made it to my mom's. Girls were happy to see me, at least S. came right over to see me. A. was perturbed that I interrupted the TV. Anyways, they finished packing their bags and home we came. Again, drive home was okay. But I was getting tired.

They played lots once they got home and were glad to have all their stuff around. They barely watched any TV! I am glad they are home. They have only come out 2 times (each) to delay bedtime. The second for S. was that she was having bad dreams about bad men. SHE WAS NOT ASLEEP YET! Hubby went in and scared all the bad men away and now she seems to be sleeping.

On the quilting front....I did not get my mom's quilt done yet, however, I spent some time cleaning off the table so that I can get it out and start working on it again. I have work work to do tomorrow and studying to start but hopefully by the end of March. I have almost finished another Inchy Hexagon Flower. I sewed the wrong color to the middle so I "had" to make another one. I actually am working on April's as I really need to start studying. I thought at least with this, I can get a bit ahead of the game.

I received my Block from Karylie for the Block Swap and it is wonderful. I will try to post a picture tomorrow. I heard from Karylie and she said she got the one I made for her so I will see if I still have a picture of that and post as well.

No comments: