Monday, February 7, 2011

First mug rug

Here is the first mug rug I did for the Mug Rug Swap. My partner wanted bright FUN! I had the kite / ballon fabric at home. I bought it last year for very cheap. It seemed to be fun. I do not own any other bright fabrics. At least any that I was 100% sure was cotton. So, I bought this bright green fabric. I was not sure if I would like this or not, but after seeing it done, I do like it. I pieced it as I went. No pattern in mind, but I am sure that I have seen similiar around blog land.

I did straight line quilting (or at least tried to).


Front of my 1st Mug Rug.
Here is the back. I think those are suppose to be cherries...if so, then I put the fabric upside down. Oh well.

Back of 1st Mug Rug. Do you see what I added?
After completing the Mug Rug, I knew I needed to add a little something. Do you see it above? What about below?

How about now? I added a little hexagon to the back.
Since I love hexies, I decided to add one to the back. I had a scrap of fabric that matched the ribbon placement. It is a cute little addition.

I had to rip out the quilting on my 2nd Rug. I hope to finish the quilting tonight and the binding either tonight or tomorrow night. Then I can start the cutting and piecing of the Block Swap.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the hexagon and think you did a great job quilting. Did you forget a small label?

Micki said...

I love it.It is a really neat mug rug.
Micki

tubakk said...

How nice!