Sunday, February 20, 2011

Look what can happen

 . . . . when you have gunk in the bottom of the burner on your stove.


This is the soot off to the side....

Can you see how high the flames where??

Yup, flames from under the burner.
So, there it is. Hubby was talking on the phone when I said FIRE. He came over (still talking to his mother) and tried to BLOW IT OUT!! I was at least smart enough to know not be put water on and to smother it. We used another frying pan.

No one was hurt and it served as a reminder to clean under the burner. We have the throwaway liners so it is not like it is difficult to clean. Remove burner, throw out liner and replace.

Oh the things I have learned.

1 comment:

Alberta Gal, Shauna said...

Wow, lucky that it did not get out of control...

I have given you an award on my blog
http://hobbieswithalittlebiteoflife.blogspot.com