Monday, February 14, 2011

Mug Rug #2

I remembered to bring my camera to work so I can get pictures of my 2nd Mug Rug. This (and the first one) will be going in the mail today. I was going to send a little hexagon flower along with them, but once again, I am SICK!! Or at least starting to get sick. Also, I finished my Block Swap block. Hopefully I can figure out how to give a sneak peak of that on the BSA blog.



I think this side is the front.
Not sure why the bottom looks crooked.

Here is the back side.
 Not sure if you noticed or not, but the back is the reverse of the front. Each square is a one inch block. Can you see the maze? I added little hexagons to the start and finish. I had fun making this one. My partner wanted bright FUN! What is more fun then a maze??
Close up of the fabric. Can you see those little lines?
This is the back of the fabric. The front had silver lines
(which you can see in the binding). I thought that might be too much
but the back seemed just right.

Close up of the hexagon and the binding.
I still need to work on my binding. But here are the silver lines.

Just to show you how small these hexagons are.
I will NOT be making any more this small. It was difficult.
So, do you think my partner will like this one and the other mug rug? I hope so. This was  a stretch for me as I do not use bright fabrics. I really like both of the mug rugs I made and am quite happy I signed up for this challenge.


GIVEAWAY NOTICE:

Ladybug Quilting is having a giveaway. Click here to see the details. She is celebrating being in blogland for ONE YEAR! Congrats.

No comments: