Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowing

Well, the snow has finally started here. I will give it another hour and then head home. Yesterday, I waited for a bus for 30 minutes and then was on the bus for 1.5 hours. Today I have the car so I would like to leave a bit early (3 hours is only a bit, right?). I want to make sure that I do not get stuck in traffic trying to get my girls from daycare. Hubby is home sick so I really do not want to go home but guess I will have to.

They are predicting 20-45 cms (or 8-17 inches) by tomorrow. Today was a storm day for the schools and tomorrow might be as well. I might have to stay home tomorrow if there is that much snow down. At least I can "work" from home. They do not need to know if my sewing machine is set up beside the computer.

I live in Halifax but work in Dartmouth. That means I cross the bridge each day. Normally from my office window, I can see across to Halifax. On really good days you can make out people. This was the scene not long ago.

There are two towers on the bridge. You can barely see
the first one.

UPDATE: I got home safe and sound. Roads are a bit greasy and the wheels spun in a few places when trying to go uphills. Now I get to stay inside all evening, do a little quilting, do a little reading and of course do a little blog surfing. Like this little giveaway, from Heather at alamode.

No comments: