Saturday, February 19, 2011

FNSI #4 Results

I did some hand sewing last night for FNSI. I wanted to get a bit more done, but since I was fussy cutting it took a bit longer. I had to match up lines and try to match the colors. I think it turned out okay. What was it? I finished one of the Hexagon Flowers for the Inchy Hexagon Swap I am in. I still have one to make but I need fabric for that one. I also decided to make a half inch flower in the same colors for me. This way I will have a record of what I make for everyone.

I can't find my camera so this will be another post with no pictures. I might try with my phone but the quality is NOT good.

Here is the one for my partner.
The colors are not quite right in this picture.

Here is the one I made for me.

Here are the two together. This is giving me
some additional ideas of things to try. Darn.
Just what I need, another project.
The pictures are not the best but are okay. Besides these ones, I made more of the petals of the stripe fabric. Since I had just cut up fabric for the half inch ones, I had to make a bunch to find some that the colors would match....and that the lines matched as well.

4 comments:

pinsandneedles said...

Great job with your hexies! You did a terrific job matching up the lines and colors!

Anonymous said...

I can see why it took you longer... you did a great job of matching the stripes and they came out so pretty.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Very interesting how you thought to match the stripes. I've never seen that done on a hexagon block before. It's lovely!

Unknown said...

Great job. I really like your hexies, their so original!