Friday, March 18, 2011

FNSI #5

FNSI is happening tonight! Come hell or high water it will happen. I have too much to do. Hubby was suppose to go out curling tonight but since he is SICK, he finally realized that maybe he should not be curling. He was suppose to curl last night and stayed home as well. Therefore, instead of having the place to myself tonight (once girls are in bed), I will have to work with Hubby home. I warned him last night that I will be doing stuff, mainly cutting and hand sewing but I will be doing stuff. The implied words were "You best stay out of my way and you best not complain (especially when I sing along to the music)!" I am not sure if he got it or not.

So what is on tap for tonight?
  1. Put bottle of wine in fridge.
  2. Trip to the fabric store for fabric for Lily's QAL. I need to look at fabric requirements and then buy some. I am going to do pinks for S. I only have about 4 different pinks at home and they are around a quarter meter. I need lots more. I am not sure if I will take S. with me to the store. I keep reading the flickr strings and get scared. There are A LOT of experienced quilters. I will be taking it one step at a time!!
  3. Same trip - might buy purple for A. I think I have enough purple but I will know for sure once I look at the fabric requirements for Sew Lux QAL. That quilt is suppose to be 39 x 50 for a finished size. I am thinking of making it a bit bigger....make a couple extra blocks or sashing between blocks.
  4. Open bottle of wine and pour one glass.
  5. Cutting of pink fabric (see #2 above) for Lily's QAL. I have the template printed. I am going to print again on stiffer paper (once co-workers go to a meeting this afternoon and can't see what I am doing . . . shhhhh).
  6. If that went well. . . . .pour celebratory glass of wine.
  7. Cutting of purple fabric (see #3 above). This one is easy. We are making pinwheels.
  8. Think about another glass of wine but decide against it as you have more cutting to do....
  9. Cut the fabric for the Barn Door Swap. I have the fabric, FINALLY, and now need to cut it.
  10. Think about another glass of wine but decide against it as you have more cutting to do....
  11. HEXAGONS! I will be cutting fabric for some hexagons. I got my template from Want IT, Need It, Quilt It to make fussy cut hexagons...so, I need to cut fabric for that.
  12. Think really hard about a glass of wine but decide you might need to operate a machine. I have heard that you should not drink and drive. Since I would be using a foot pedal on the sewing machine, I guess that would be considered driving????
  13. Might sew some of the Barn Door. Might wait until tomorrow to sew. It depends on how late it is once I get it cut.
  14. Now, get another glass of wine.
  15. Sew hexagons. I think I am up to date on the ones that I have to send for Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap...just need to send them. I think I might make some thank-you hexies for the ones that I have received.
  16. Address envelopes - I know, does not really sound like sewing but I need to address the envelopes for the Block Swap Adventure and the Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap. Oh, this might have to wait until Saturday, really depends on how much wine I have had. LOL.
  17. Take PICTURES. I have the camera so I will be taking pictures of EVERYTHING that I have not taken pictures of this month.
  18. Oh, if I get a chance, I will also have to see about the Mug Rug, Hot Pad, and Pin Cushion Swaps.
Maybe I will need to put two bottles in the fridge . . . . .

What are you doing for FNSI?

2 comments:

Rhonda the Rambler said...

OMG this made me laugh out loud. While the wine part is funny that is not what got me giggling though. Here is the part I found so funny...and I quote "you best not complain (especially when I sign along to the music)!" What I need to know is how in the world are you going to get any cutting done if you are signing along to the music. Singing I get but signing requires use of your hands. I am still laughing. Sorry...hehehe

And this would be . . . . said...

Okay fixed the typo...darn spell check. Why can't they make a check for the meaning of the words in the sentence!!