Monday, January 31, 2011

What a weekend!

Hubby was away since Friday night. That left just me and the girls. When I got home Friday after work, I saw that Hubby did not do any dishes before he left (he was off all morning). So, Friday night we picked up something to eat. The same with Saturday lunch. The reason, I had to get up and get A. to curling for 8 am. Normally, S. and I are still snuggling at 8 am. We do not get dressed until at least noon when we leave for S.'s soccer. I managed to get up and get all of us dressed and fed and out the door by 7:30 (ish). We had curling until 9 and then a trip to Tim Horton's.

We stopped at a friends so I could drop the girls off while KD and I went to wash bottles. KD makes wine for me (and a few other friends along with for herself). We did 3 batches of bottles at the wine store. Then back to her place to get my girls before heading home. Lunch, then soccer and then QUIET TIME!! But there was no quiet time. I really wanted a nap but did not get one. At least KD gave me a bottle of wine at soccer (her boy and S. are in the same class). I was going to make pancakes for supper but did not want to so I convinced the girls to go to the grocery store for a rotisserie chicken. The only way they would go....if we walked. It is not long about 10-15 minutes. I am constantly amazed that S. has so much energy. She played soccer and still wanted to "walk" to the store. She normally runs and then has to stop for A. to catch up.

Sunday came and that meant swimming at 9:30 and 10:00. I worked on the binding for my first Mug Rug. (More on that tomorrow.) Since we did not have pancakes Saturday night, I made them for Sunday breakfast. Meanwhile, the sun was shinning and I had energy. I guess the blahs went away. I started cleaning. I wanted to keep cleaning. After swimming, I did some more cleaning. I managed somehow to get the girls to recycle half a garbage bag of "pictures" they have brought home from school/daycare.

Then we did our groceries for the week. I made a list of meals for the week and what I would need for each meal. (The sun is amazing!!) I am still a bit in shock that I willingly took both girls grocery shopping, but we got through it. The only downside was that the nacho chips and salsa were not on sale at this grocery store. We had to go to the one closest to us for them, which meant as soon as we got home, we had to walk to the other store. Yes more walking. Oh and then I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Lots of energy for everyone on Sunday.

Hubby got home around 7 pm. A. was at the door as soon as she heard the key in the lock. She is daddy's girl. All in all, we had a great weekend. Again, I am amazed that my mother raised me and my brother as a single mom with no help. I have such a greater appreciation and understanding for single parents. I love my Hubby! And his team came in second spot curling. They each won $75! Not a bad weekend at all.

No comments: