can't I just sit down and sew? Because there is too much other stuff to do! We finally got hooked up to cable last night. After almost 2 years of not having cable, it was too much. I stayed up later then normal as there were shows that I have not seen in 2 years that I can now watch. Oh my!
Then, I needed to clean up part of the mess from moving things around. While doing that I decided it was time to put my fabric back on the shelf. I had lots of it out to cut the strips for the bookcase quilt I am making for my mom. I folded some of it (not well) and sorted by color. If the pieces were small or skinny strips I put them by color into bags. That is when I got "help". Don't you just love when your child offers to come and help. Then they know how to do it better then you?
We got through it. Tonight I will get to do sewing....with help. I am going to make bean bags for my oldest's birthday party. The girls will pick the fabric out and maybe help sew the lines. S. had a mini-meltdown last night when I told her that we could not sew last night, but we can tonight. She likes doing things on her terms.
They are interested so I do not want to squash their interest. But sometimes, things are easier and quicker without them.
No comments:
Post a Comment