Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Things I have learned . . .

. . . . with bindings:
  1. Watch where the wrong sides of the fabric are when trying to make a long binding strip.
  2. Keep a seam ripper close by.
  3. Really watch how you match wrong sides the second time to make a long binding strip.
  4. Keep a seam ripper closer.
  5. Measure how much binding you really need and learn that you only needed to attach two pieces together and could have saved some sanity.
  6. Find a good tutorial on attaching a binding.
  7. Leave the tutorial on the computer and not rely on your memory, the sleep deprived, starting to get sick AGAIN, memory.
  8. Keep a seam ripper close by. Like, right in your hand.
  9. Attaching your first binding might be a better idea when you have had more sleep and have looked at a few more tutorials.
  10. Putting your project down to tackle another day is not a bad thing.
I am so glad I have started binding on a mug rug and not the quilts for Christmas.

No comments: