Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nerves

I have been practicing how to quilt on mug rugs (well one so far). I have made or am in the process of making 5 quilt tops. I have not quilted one yet. I am very nervous about how this will go. I finally figured out how to free motion on my sewing machine. Here is a picture - bad picture - of the mug rug that I quilted. Since this one is for hubby (or maybe me) I was not too concerned about how it looked. I wanted to get the feel of the bulk under the needle.

This is the front after quilting and trimming. No binding yet, cause I don't know how to do that either. I found a great tutorial...but I don't know how to link that yet.

So, here is my mug rug with mugs on it.
 This is the back.
 Close-up of the back. I love this fabric.
 And and other view.
Looking at these pictures I figure that I need to figure out how to take better pictures.

Binding will go on tomorrow night as hubby is away. Will post more pictures then.

No comments: