I am going to try to load the pictures of A. and S. in their outfits, as well as the ones taken while I was making them....here goes.
This is the shirt for the cat costume. This was an adult's X-large. I sewed under the arms and down the sides to where it had to be cut. Then cut all the extra off.
Here are the ears (not attached to the headband) and the tail.
Ears are still not attached in this photo. I was not sure what I was going to use at this point. I have added the tummy color and the tail is not attached either. S. wanted peach for the tummy color. She got light pink. The night I made it she could not tell the difference. However, the next day I got "Hey that is not peach!" I said no it was pink and deal with it. I wonder sometimes where my 4 1/2 year old gets her attitude. Hmmmm.
Here is the dalmation outfit. I had to sew the t-shirt to make it fit a bit better but only down the back. I got the pants and the fur shrug at Value Village. I use the part of the shirt I cut off for the tail.
Here we have the dots glued on. At first I was going to sew them down.....then I woke up. I cut the dots from black felt and just glued them one. I finally figured out what to use for a headband and got the ears attached.
Here is S. all dressed up. Ignore the mess in the background. The cleaning fairy did not make an appearance this Halloween. She wanted a red nose. I added the white circle around the eye after she saw her sister. Oh, and I also make collars for them both. S. wanted hers like the momma cat on Aristocats.
A. wanted a blue one. She wanted a red circle and a pink nose.
Here are S. and A. together. I am amazed that we got a somewhat good one of them. These were all taken the night of the dance at the school. Yes, our school has a dance. It is a fundraiser to help the teachers pay for school trips and other things the school might need.
The dance was good. They actually let go of our hands for a few minutes. I am glad that I made the outfits. Our girls do not ask for much so I am thankful that I have some skills to provide them with what they do want. Hopefully next year, they will decide on what they want at least 3 days before the outfits are needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment