Here is the pic of the one quilt top for Christmas that is done. No quilting, not sure when that will be done as I have NO CLUE how to quilt this one. Should I outline some of the hexes, pebble, stipple, what???
Here is a close up of the hexes and part of the boarder. I am not in love with the boarders. I got the boarders after the hexes where all done and from a different store. There is more gold in the green boarder then what appears here. Maybe once quilted I will feel different.
This one is for my MIL. I started this in June or July this year. I picked up the fabric at Atlantic Crafts. It was a charm pack on sale called Holiday Collection. I went back and got a second one as I needed more fabric to make the pieced boarder. I was not sure what I was going to do with it. Then I got on the hex craze and I love the hand piecing. These types of projects can go anywhere with you. I would stitch up the hexes in the car. We drove to NB this summer for vacation and I sewed the way up, while there and the way back. Hand piecing can be done in front of the TV, in the car, waiting for people, etc.
I did not take pictures of me doing any of the hexes (although I think hubby took one of me while on vacation) as I was not doing a blog at the time and did not think of capturing the progress. Would that not make a great addition to a quilt? A photo album of the progress so the person receiving the quilt knows the time and care that went into it? Hmmm, might have to keep that in mind for the future.
Still have my mother's quilt top to do but studying must take priority....or does it?
N.
No comments:
Post a Comment