We had a wonderful Canada Day weekend here. The sun was out ALL THREE DAYS! Spent Canada Day (July 1st for those outside Canada and might not know) and the following day at the mother in laws. It was a good time. Then Sunday, A. had a birthday party that siblings (meaning S.) could go to. It was a pool party at the house, so even though I do not like the kid, the girls wanted to go to the pool. Please, please, please don't ask me about the poorly run, kids running around, mess that was the party. I stopped in a couple of times to see how things were going. I should have put sunscreen on then. Nope.
Then after the party we went to the father in laws. We spent time outside and I put on sunscreen. Now the SPF 30 that I put on was expired. Finally Nana (step mother in law) found some SPF 15 that was not expired. I put that one more then once, I stayed in the shade as much as possible . . . .I got burnt.
You would think that being over 30 I would know by now. I did make sure the girls had stuff on (and S. still got a little bit red on her arms but not really burnt). I have not been this burnt in a few years. I have been putting aloe on to help and of course vinegar to help with the pain/stinging. I am home today as I did not think they would want vinegar in the office and really, IT HURTS. Not sure what I will be wearing to the office tomorrow. Oh the fun.
WARNING!!!!!!
Picture of my back.
| See the finger marks where the sunscreen ACTUALLY worked?? |
Meanwhile. . . .my sewing machine keeps breaking the thread. I have changed needle, bobbin thread, top thread and tension. I am working on the H2H quilt that needs to be done by the end of July. WHAT?!?!?!? It is already July!!! I will be working on this during the week and hopefully will be done by the weekend.
4 comments:
I feel your pain...not your sunburn pain...but your thread breaking pain. I too am trying to finish my H2H quilt and the thread keeps breaking. I finally had to walk away the other day (of course I have a bunch that needs to be ripped out now). UGH!!! I will try again tonight and see where I get.
OMG Natasha!! That looks really painful! I do not think we ever really learn though. Well, we burn the crap out of ourselves once and then learn for that summer - only to repeat the same lesson next year.
Good luck with your machine - have you taken it into the shop yet?
hugs - virtual ones as to not hurt your back of course!
Carolyn
Ouch! You poor thing! I am so sorry!
Oh my gosh! I totally did the same thing a couple weeks ago at a branding. Got SO sunburned! Yowch! Heal quick. :)
Post a Comment