Friday, July 22, 2011

FNSI #9

Tonight has been FNSI. This is a monthly event. I look forward to it each month. It gives me a chance to tell Hubby that no matter what the sewing machine will be operating and he cannot complain.

This month things are a bit different. I have the H2H quilt to finish. The deadline is July 31st to mail. YIKES! There is not much time left. So, tonight, instead of attempting to work on the quilt for my mom, my daughter A. or my daughter S., I worked on the H2H quilt. Now there where a few challenges as I started. The biggest challenge.....NO WINE GLASS!!!!

You see, we are moving this coming week. My lovely mother-in-law was down last weekend to help us pack. It was a great help. Really it was until I noticed that she packed all my wine glasses. WTF?!??!?!?!?! I did not realize that until after she left and I am not really sure where the box is that has them. So, I have been reduced to this:

That is one of two glass tumblers that somehow escaped her noticed. I am thankful that they hid from her quickly packing hands. LOL. She also packed all but the two mugs we were using that day. How did she think we would drink coffee (Hubby) and tea (me)??

So, once I got the wine in the tumbler (that so does not sound right), I got started on the rest of the top for H2H and the back. I will update tomorrow as to how I did. Meanwhile, I also thought I would finish the Christmas Mug Rug I am doing for a swap. However, since the wine has been disappearing (not really sure where, LOL), I do not think I should work on that. The Mug Rug requires hand sewing....yeah, let's not operate a needle and thread right now.


The level of wine left is a bit lower since this
picture was taken. One of my favorite wines.
I will update how well I did on the FNSI tomorrow and also, just maybe have pictures of what I have recently added to my stash. My Hubby actually told me yesterday to go and visit a fabric store! I LOVE HIM!

No comments: