Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Who is my friend?

I think the thing that has me stalled in sewing is my quilt for Lily's QAYG. I finished 4 of the 6 inner circles with little problem. Then I did the last two. Yeah, it really helps if your inner circle is a circle. So, out came the seam ripper. I recut very carefully and pinned and sewed the last two. THEY DO NOT LAY FLAT! I think I cut them too small. So, out came the seam ripper and I recut VERY VERY carefully and so far I have repinned one. I only have ripped out one as I want to make sure that this will work.

Now part of the problem is that I am working with satiny, silky material. But the first one I did went in so smoothly. If this does not work, then the minky will come back out and five will have minky and one will be satiny. Hopefully tonight, I will be able to sew the fifth circle and get back on track. Lynne has posted the skinny sashing step so I am getting a bit behind.

I have two seam rippers. One came with my machine and one with a kit. The one that came with my machine seems to be sharper. Guess which one I have been using  the most with this quilt??? It really has become my friend.

I use to think that using a seam ripper meant that you were not good at what you did, that you were not paying attention and it meant you failed. Now, I look at it as I was just practising before doing the real work. Yeah, right, just practising.

I have gotten a couple small things done.
Finished the pin cushion for the pin cushion swap. Still need to mail it.
Finished the hot pad for the hot pad swap. Still need to mail it.
One deadline is April 15 and the other is 21.
However, I don't get paid until April 15 so guess when these will get mailed.

I have the layout done and am ready to start sewing mug rug swap. The deadline is April 15. Plan on doing this tonight in front of TV. Here in Canada we have an election coming up (oh joy oh bliss). The "leaders" debate is on. I will not be watching it. Hopefully, I can find a movie or something else to watch. I will not be watching it as anytime I have tried to watch a debate, I find that the question asked is NEVER answered or they talk over each other and I learn nothing.

Friday Night is the FNSI. I hope to work on my mom's quilt. I will be seeing her at Easter and would love to have it done by then. If I get tired of that, I will get my Barn Door Swap and Block Swap blocks worked on.

I just really hope I can get some sleep soon. Lack of sleep makes me cranky and that is not a good thing.

No comments: