Here is what I did get done:
Finished the quilting on the side of my mom's quilt. I started the books but then realized that it was going to be too difficult to do the way I wanted, so need to think more on how to do it.
| I had to stop and "fix" where I sewed the backing over. This is the second...maybe third stop this happened. The other ones you can barely tell or are at the edge....not this one. |
| It is a BIG quilt - at least big to me. Maybe a double size??? The bookcase has been quilted and the boarders. Now how to do the books??? |
Sewed the strips together for A's quilt (Sew Lux QAL). I still need to cut these and then start sewing to the blocks.
| This is actually a dark purple. I need to sub-cut it to add to the other blocks as sashing. |
So, all in all it was productive but just not quite as productive as I thought it would be. I will be working on mom's quilt this week. I have until Sunday to finish it. That is when I see her again.....if I want her to take my girls for a weekend, I better get that quilt done.
3 comments:
Do you have an embroidery machine? You could embroider names of book titles along the book bindings. A girlfriend of mine came over to borrow my Ellageo for that purpose and used a nice gold metallic thread for the books.
Wow... you got a lot done! Congratulations...
You got a ton of stuff done! Holy moly! I really like Mary Ann's idea about having titles on the books. If it were me, I would try to create the look of wood grain on the back of the book shelf and then stitch a quarter inch inside the edges of all the books - unless I had an embroidery machine- then I would still do the wood grain, but then do book titles on the books. lol.
Regardless of what you do, your Mom will love it. It is coming along really good.
Post a Comment