Friday, April 1, 2011

Does she realize?

My oldest, A., came home from school, got picked up at the daycare due to "illness" the other day. I say "illness" since she was perfectly fine when I finally got to her. I had to bus it as Hubby had the car. I missed one bus by 1 minute. I could see it pulling away while the one I was on was almost there. Anyway, I get her. She is fine. Apparently at least 3-5 other children said their bellies hurt - one around the same time as her the rest in the afternoon. Since one is the daughter of a good friend, I called her. Yeah, her daughter was perfectly fine too. Not sure what happened at school that all these kids pulled this, but Hubby had a talk with A. about the girl who cried wolf. Not sure if she understood or not. Hopefully she realizes that if she pulls this again we will not trust her in the future.

So, when I got A. home she was very excited. She told me that we get to knock on doors and ask for money! ~what???~ And I want to get to level 7. ~what???~

I open her backpack and there is a pledge form for Heart and Stroke Jump Rope for Heart. The school is doing the Jump Rope for Heart event. There are 7 levels of donations and you get prizes at each level. She wants the one with the walkie talkies. I want the one with the soccer ball - selfish, yes. However, at each level you get the prizes of the previous levels, so if she gets to level 7, we still get the soccer ball. I got her all registered online. So if you feel the need to donate to the Heart and Stroke Foundation in Canada, let me know and I will send you the link (yes shameless plug!). But it is what we do for children.

Then I look further and the event. A. will be using a jump rope for this event. Duh, it is Jump Rope for Heart. I am not sure if she realizes that she will be skipping rope for a period of time - ie more then 30 seconds. A. does not like physical activity. She prefers to read, play on computer, write, you know, be a nerd (which she gets from both Hubby and me). Her sister is the one that loves to run and such. Oh well, it will be great for A. to do this. She will have fun and win a prize.

****I just checked and she is at $100 for online donations and $30 for cash. So proud of her - even though Hubby and I have done the donation work.*****

No comments: