So, this is the first time since I started blogging again that I have not blogged once a week. Although technically, I did blog last week, but it has been more then 7 days.
When I started blogging again, I changed the name of this blog. I did this so that I could blog more about what is going on with me, how I feel about things, etc, and not just blog about quilting (or lack thereof). I would feel bad about not blogging about quilting since "Quilts" was in my blog title.
And that brings us to why it has been ten days since the last post. Things are getting overwhelming again. I cannot seem to concentrate on one thing at a time. I pick up one thing to do and before I can start, I wonder "What am I doing?" Then I put it down and start something else.
I saw my doctor this morning and am so thankful I did. I have an amazing doctor. I have been seeing her since 1998, you know only a few years ago ~ who else thinks the 90's were ten or less years ago ~ and I talked to her about how I am feeling.
Those new to this blog probably do not know but I have a mental illness. I have depression. It started 8 years ago after my first child was born but went away for awhile after my second child was born 6.5 years ago. This time, I have been on the same medication for about two years and a different medication before that for about two years. Medication is not always enough. So, my doctor is sending a request to Mental Health for an assessment.
Apparently things here (Nova Scotia, Canada) in the Mental Health department have changed. Instead of waiting 3-6 months for an appointment, my doctor faxes off the information, the patient (ME) calls on a Monday and I get an appointment within 7-10 days! WOW! The other good news is that I have an AMAZING boss. I told him what is happening and he said it is not an issue to get any time off.
This is a huge weight off my shoulders. So much so that I think I will actually be able to get started and FINISHED on some projects.
Thanks for reading this long, no pictures included post.
Pictures in the next post.....I PROMISE!! Wait, I just remembered I took a picture last night at S.'s soccer game. And I cannot figure out how to get them in this post. Maybe by tomorrow.
N.
1 comment:
It's so hard facing an unknown, and it's no wonder you were distracted! Thankfully you have a doctor you can trust and who takes action! Praying for better days ahead!
Post a Comment