Tuesday, January 8, 2013

bus adventure #1

I take the bus to work (and home). I actually do not mind taking the bus to work. I do not have to worry about driving in bad weather (rain, snow, sleet, blinding sun). I do not have to worry about other drivers and their ability or inability to drive. If there is an accident somewhere, I do not have to worry about if I have enough gas in the car. I do not mind taking the bus.....most of the time.

For some reason we cannot seem to have a regular bus driver on the route I take. We did have a regular bus driver a year ago...before they went on strike for 5 weeks...but that is another story. So, the driver we had today decided that he really needed to test the brakes. A LOT! Coming up to every stop, stop sign, light, etc., he would pump the brakes and you would be jerked in your seat. But it gets better. He would slam on the brakes when he got too close to a car! Why would he be too close to a car....because he used the gas pedal A LOT! Fast and stop. Why do some bus drivers only know the two speeds?

It was difficult to get a nap in as I almost kept flying into someone every minute or two. Yes I will nap on the bus as it is at least a 30 minutes drive (sometimes 45 minutes).

Here is hoping my bus trip in tomorrow morning is better.

N.

No comments: