Why would I be so excited to be at work? Because it means I HAVE INTERNET! We moved this past week. Oh the joy, the bliss.....( insert the sarcasm right there). When I called to set up our cable (and internet) two weeks ago I was told that the earliest we could have a tech is August 9th. I thought oh no problem, I have my new smartphone to check Facebook with. yeah, that is about all I can do. My new phone will not let me post to my blog. Well, I can post titles but not content. Lots has gone on this past week. But the cord for my phone is at home. I am at work. Where there are NO BOXES!
I think I have packed over 100 boxes. Some small, some large. I have managed to unpack only about 20 of them (and half of them were then repacked). I kept running out of boxes. We at least were lucky that we could start moving things in last Monday. That was a good thing as the movers we hired for Thursday were slow. Very slow. At least (if not more) so then I have been in finishing the quilt for my mom....the one I presented her half done at Christmas. It took them 6 hours to move about half of our 2 bedroom apartment. Now, we do have a lot of stuff and some of it is quite big...but really? 6 hours??? Hubby and I thought we could have done it ourselves in that time. At least it is now done.
Tomorrow I will show a couple of pictures of what happened when I tried to finish the H2H quilt. Lets just say that when you label a box "current quilt, H2H" make sure that is what you actually have in that box. You can click here to see the completed quilts. Thanks to Sarah for posting my picture. I had to email it from my phone and was not sure if that would even work...but it did.
2 comments:
So glad to see your post today. I was just thinking about you and wondering how the moving was going. Putting everything away is like solving a jigsaw puzzle with no photo for a reference, isn't it?
Good luck with your move and the "after" Natasha. I hope you'll settle quickly. I am your new partner for the Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap, having just joined the group.
Post a Comment