Thursday, August 4, 2011

Let the fun begin!

****Warning - pictures - lots of pictures - at least for me these are lots****

Someone really needs to develop a sarcasm font. The fun I am speaking of . . . . finding things in this -
 
Or this - 
Or how about finding something in this -
Wait is that my sewing machine???

And a cleared off table?? Yes it was (it is no longer cleared off). This is what greeted me when I wanted to quilt my quilt for H2H. The box beside the blue thing and under the other box. That one was labelled " Current Quilt - H2H". Guess what? It was not in there! The scraps where in there, my cutting mat was in there...my rotary cutter was not (still not sure where that is). I started to freak think about where it could be.

Then I remembered I stuck it in my backpack with some of my hexie stuff to keep it safe....now where was that bag? Oh - upstairs in the large storage room. Actually I found it with some ease and did manage to get it quilted. I then had to find my fabric box to get something for the boarder as what I thought I would use....yeah, it did not go AT ALL! I tried the machine binding and it turned out okay on the front. There were spots on the back need a little work for next time (if I get the nerve to try again).

Am I happy with the finished product, well, it is okay. I wish I had taken a bit more time with the binding but with this move thrown into my life, I am lucky that it got done at all.  The green stripes came about due to lack of  proper fabric planning on my part. I did not really have a plan with what I was going to do. It worked out and I actually like the design. The outer boarder, green backing, and binding came from my stash the rest came from my partner in the H2H.



This quilt went into the mail yesterday. Do you think I had trouble finding a box to put it in?
 
Oh another note, we had quite the thunder and lightening storm on Tuesday. It started late afternoon and went for about 10-12 hours. There were a couple of breaks in the heavy, heavy rain (which was good as I walked to a friends for supper). Besides the rain there was hail -

Those little white dots are hail. I did not go outside
to get pictures of the larger, marble sized ones.
And there was a rainbow.
Okay, not the best picture what what can you do
with a cellphone camera?
 When I went to take a picture of the rainbow, I clicked just as lightening filled the sky.
See the lightening in the lower right corner?
 I start another week of vacation tomorrow, kind of. I need to come into work for a couple of hours with my girls but then vacation. We are heading to NB (New Brunswick) to visit my friend and his pool and his dog. The girls have always called this friend Uncle D..... so they are very excited to go. We are only going for the weekend and then home again, to go through the rest of the boxes. I am really hoping we find the screws and such for the beds. The ones I put in a safe spot.

3 comments:

LuAnn said...

I sure don't envy you moving, but it looks promising that your machine is set up and all ready to go. Love your quilt and the pieced back. I think it turned out great.

greelyrita said...

Hi partner! I love the quilt you came up with!! You did a super job. I barely recognize the fabrics I sent. Way to go!!!

Staci said...

LOL! Oh the joys! Hope your visit with the pool, uh, the dog and your friend leave you rested and revived so you can finish unpacking.