Friday, June 17, 2011

FNSI #8

I almost forgot....almost but not quite. Tonight is FNSI. This is a wonderful event where people sign up to all sew on the third Friday of the month. There is the potential for a prize if you actually participate and then post about it on Saturday. Since I took this afternoon off (lucky me), I actually have already started....but I will post tomorrow what I get done.

This afternoon I went to both fabric stores that are close. Well, one is closer to my work and since I had the car today...I went. I spent more money then I probably should have. But, most of the fabric is marked for projects. I got the rest of the purple for A.'s quilt (which is what I am working on right now), started getting orange fabric for the Orange You Glad Bee, and some fabric for the mug rug swap (which you are suppose to mail between June 15-30). There is a postal strike in Canada right now, so I will get the mug rug done this weekend and ready to be mailed when there are people working. I also got some white/black/grey(gray) fabric and solid grey for stash...or for something else. I am glad that I can get this put into my fabric area before Hubby gets home and that Hubby does not read my blog.

 I am feeling very good today. The sun is shinning and I took the afternoon off. I did something for me (going to fabric store) and I am not going to feel too guilty about the fabric I bought. I also started taking a medication for my depression...that might be starting to work but since it has only been 4 days, I am not sure about it. Anyway, I am feeling good.

Off to get the girls and then get ready for FNSI. Guess it will be an easy supper.

No comments: