Friday, December 14, 2012

sewing?

What, sewing? Me? Actually using my sewing machine for quilt blocks? No could it be???

Yup, the other night...um, Wednesday...I actually sat in front of my sewing machine to make a test block. See I am going to make pillows for my MIL for Christmas. (Yes I know Christmas is 10 days away). I am using the pattern from the patchwork book by Quilt Dad. I know I should really provide a link and maybe the proper name of the book and his name but I am stuffed up with sinus issues and cannot think.

I have NEVER paper pieced with my sewing machine. I have made hexies and that is it!

I thought I knew what I was doing. I did not iron between steps, I did not use a rotary cutter, I used scissors that were not the best, heck I did not even use a ruler. Therefore, my little test piece with a cute little penguin came out with the penguin missing one tuff of hair, having a blue belly (as I forgot and used the same as the background) and not square at all.

This weekend, I will do a much better job with the real thing.

I was ready to turf the piece (it was only practice), but S. said she LOVES it and wants it. So, I guess I better figure out how to get eyes on this thing and how to finish it off.

I would post a picture, but it was late, I was tired and I forgot. Maybe this weekend I will post a  picture.

N.

No comments: