Wednesday, December 19, 2012

half done pillow covers.

I took Monday off to sew. I actually got up with the family, saw them out the door, had a cup of tea, then started sewing. I did take a couple of breaks during the day (you know to eat) but after sewing most of the day, I actually got 3 pillow covers half done.

I say half done as I did not have the pillow forms therefore, I could not add boarders yet as I was not sure how big to make them.

The patterns are from Pretty in Patchwork - Holidays by John Q. Adams. I saw these pillows somewhere and promptly ordered the book. There are a couple other great ideas in the book...but I wanted it for these pillows.

Here are lots a couple of pictures. A couple might be flipped and I am not sure why, they appear fine when I look at them on the computer but flip when they are posted.

Pillow #1
Pattern printed and taped.
Fabric!
Sewing pattern together is done.
Whites of eyes are done....not sewn on, but done.

I am suppose to use black buttons for the eyes.
However, I think I might use fabric. Less chance of
them falling off.
Pillow #2
The same fabric...with a little something added.

This one gets a hat!

And eyes. . . .

And pupils. . . . but no pompom yet for the hat.
Pillow #3

One less fabric from the previous pillow.

DONE!

Again, it is suggested to use buttons but I think
I will go with fabric.
I have since bought the pillows so I can now add boarders, the eyes, pompom, batting, backing, quilting, pillow cover back....not too much more. I think I will try to get the boarders on tonight and prep for the quilting. Might also do the back as that is not too hard. I am going to do an envelope type back and avoid the zippers.

I have learned that I do not know how to do paper piecing! I really needed to view a few more YouTube videos before starting this. The way I did it was long and I did not enjoy it. HOWEVER, I did learn from this and think I might try again. I have the pattern printed at 200% (above is at 400%) so I might make a couple of smaller ones and make a mug rug or placemats.

N.

No comments: