Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mailed, mailed, mailed!!!

I got things mailed yesterday!! I am so happy. I can do a happy dance or whatever you call in when your butt is in a chair.

The following were mailed:
Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap
November
December - maybe (I think I mailed flowers to the wrong person)
January
February

Block Swap Adventure
October
November
December
January
February - need to do this one on the weekend and mail on Monday.

Orange You Glad Bee
November - this block has been done since before the end of November. I was so proud that I got a block done before the deadline. Then it sat, and sat, and sat some more. Somehow, I could not get it mailed. Do you think this means I wanted to keep it?
December - we took the month off
January - again this block was done before the end of January but only now is getting mailed.
February - I got the fabric a week and a half ago. I am hoping to work on this this weekend and get it mailed by Monday.

We Bee Learning Bee
January - this started in January. Another one where the blocks were done in January but not mailed.
February - this weekend..

Stash Bee (still looking for people to join hive #3)
January - again this started in January. I had such a great idea for Sunni for her block and it is taking me a bit longer then I thought it would. I think it will look great. She has been so wonderful and understanding in me being a bit late. And I am going to do up another easier block for her as well.
February - this weekend....

Hmm....I think I will be a busy bee this weekend. I think the Hubby needs to take the girls to their activities and leave me home alone. Or maybe take them to visit his mom from Saturday to Sunday so I have the time to get things done. I have some time tonight and then it will be Friday before I can do more (soccer on Thursdays).

Okay so there are 5 monthly things I am involved it. If I post that I am thinking of signing up for something fun - STOP ME!!!

The one thing good about 4 of these groups is it uses what I have on hand. Recently S. had to bring 100 of something to school. I mentioned how about we do little pieces of fabric. The 100 items had to fit inside a ziplock bag. So she picked out at least half the fabrics, cut those out (then got bored) and I did the rest. Some were fussy cut for an object, some where cut into shapes. However, I managed to get 100 pieces of fabric sewn onto another piece to make a mini-quilt. The kicker....all 100 pieces came from DIFFERENT fabric and there was more that was not touched!

Now some were from I-spy squares I had swapped last year, some where from fabric that has been given or won. But still, I have more then enough stash to use for 4 of these groups.

I feel great about being almost caught up in the groups. If I can buckle down and get the rest done this weekend, I can look forward to these groups instead of feeling guilty.

N.

No comments: