Thursday, January 5, 2012

Slip sliding away. . .

time that is. So yesterday I mentioned that I was going to spend the next 3 nights (but probably two due to soccer on Thursday) cleaning up my sewing area. This was so that I could spend Friday night sewing. Well, last night at supper I was explaining this to Hubby. He informed me that I would probably only have one night to clean seeing as how Thursday is soccer. "yes, Thursday is soccer", I replied (but in my head was thinking a few other words to go with that). He response, tomorrow is Thursday. WHAT????

So it has not even been a full week of the new year and I have lost a day somewhere.

I did work on my area last night. I got started upstairs and organized fabric. I put fabric on a shelf. Something I have not had since we moved in AUGUST! Scraps where organized into color groups. I brought up the bag of fabric from downstairs and got that organized. See I cannot say put away as I ran out of comic book boards to wrap my fabric. Really, I have that much new fabric.....hmmmmm (dare I mention I bought 0.25 metres of 4 different fabrics at lunch today...nope, I don't think so). However, I did organize all the fabric.

I still have notions and other things to organize. Things such as my sewing machine! But things are looking good for a Friday night sewing session.

And here are a couple pictures of the before. I don't have any of the after yet. It does look A LOT better and really did not take long to organize. It actually took longer to make the mess then to clean it.

My table. It is next to the "office" and Hubby's
computer. We still need to unpack the boxes
and put the stuff in the filing cabinet. The one you probably cannot see.

"My" sewing area. The table is where my
machine will go. Fabric on the opposite wall.
The end is my quilt frame that the girls use as a fort.

Behind my dining room table. The basket on the
chair has been removed. That is progress. The rest of the
stuff....maybe tonight?

I put all the fabric from downstairs into this one bag. All the
fabric I kept bringing from upstairs to work on projects
and the new fabric that I bought.
Well, I guess I still have some work waiting for me. At least now, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and am excited to start sewing in ONE designated spot. (Except for my hexies...they go with me anywhere.)

N.

2 comments:

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

Looks like my room, I call it being a creative soul. Good lock on finding time. I'm a fellow bee and now a follower.

Anonymous said...

I am messy too! It's so good to see other people's destroyed room. Then I don't feel so bad about mine!! Ha! Can't wait to see the new sewing room.