Friday, December 17, 2010

Switching it up

I finished the top of the bookcase quilt. The top and bottom boarders went on with no problems. This quilt turned out a bit bigger then I thought it would. I have not measured it but I need to as I need to make the backing for it. So, since I was a little scared about that, I got out the Christmas/hexagon quilt for my MIL.

This quilt is about the size of a lap quilt. Something that she can put over her legs. However, I am sure it will not get used as much I think it should. She will not want to "ruin" it. For the back of this quilt, I am using two solid colors (green and red), in a strip. I think I will bind in red and so the strips will be green, red, green. I got the stripes cut last night and need to sew them together. That will be the plan for tonights FNSI! Then if I get that done it will be time to make my quilt sandwich.

N.

No comments: