Well, it has been a while since I last posted. Work has been crazy. Plus I needed a couple days to realize that I do not have to study again. At least until January when I order my next course.
I actually SEWED last night. WOW!! Hubby was out curling and I put the girls infront of the TV. I know that the TV is not a babysitter, but it is the middle of the week and they are getting crabby. This way they could veg out and I could sew. They did turn up the volume on the TV but did not ask me to stop sewing.
I managed to get the second row done of the quilt for my mom. I am making a bookcase quilt. The problem I have is that I changed the sizes of some of the books and now row 2 is not as long as row 1. I am not stressing over it. Why? Because I will wait until I have all 5 rows done, see what is the shortest and then rip some seams . . . . or maybe add a couple more books if that is easier.
I am more concerned over making sure that the rows will be straight when I sew the shelves together. Taking everything to my MIL this weekend as we are helping her decorate. Not sure how much decorating I will get done as I want to at least get all the rows done. It takes about 1.5 - 2 hours to get one row done. I sew the books together in sets with chain piecing. I sew sets of two, press, sets of four, press, sets of 8 press and so on. Then whatever is left I sew together. I have about 36-40 books per row.
Still need to get some mug rugs done but at least I am sewing again.
N.
No comments:
Post a Comment