Monday, November 7, 2011

What is . . . .

reproduction fabric?

I asked this on my OYG Bee and got great responses but thought I would ask here as well.

I am part of the Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap (which I LOVE) and my partner this month asked for reproduction prints. I am going to email her (if I can find her email address) and ask what she meant but thought I would put it out there.

What do you think of when you hear that someone wants something made with reproduction fabric? If you have links to pictures that would be great as well.

THANKS!!!
N.

By the way, when I saw that I thought more civil war type fabric.

2 comments:

greelyrita said...

I think of the civil war fabrics (small prints, lots of tone on tone) too when I hear reproduction fabric. When you google it and ask for images, there's sure a wide range of results.

LesQuilts said...

Hi!
Reproduction prints are those simple colours, red, blues, yellows, greens, with little figures from the 50's and 60's. A number of manufactures have these, Darlene (can't remember her last name) has a long line, she has a club where you get patterns for aprons, etc. Probably if you google Darlene and Reproduction Fabrics, you will get a picture. I think repo's are more of this line than Civil War fabrics are.
Take care, Leslie