Saturday, May 21, 2011

FNSI #7 Results

FNSI was last night. I spent the night working on S.'s quilt. I am a bit behind in this QAL from Lily's Quilts. I had some trouble with the inner circle of one of the six Dresdens. Then I had the outer circles cut wrong. I thought I could fix it by adding a strip to it. Again, LISTEN TO LYNNE! I should have just re-cut the outer circles. Lynne provided a new template. But I did not. So, once I sewed, ripped out, sewed, ripped out and sewed again, I threw that Dresden into a corner. Last night, I picked it up and ripped out the outer circle for the third time. I then re-cut the outer circles to the proper size, marked them, pinned them and sewed one. IT WORKED! Again, must listen to Lynne...especially when making circles.


This is one of the dresdens. I am making 6 for S.'s quilt.
I wonder if it will be big enough?

Here is S. under ONE dresden (she is under the one above).
Hhmmmm maybe I do not need to finish all 6.

After sewing the one of six, I pinned another and decided to catch up on some blogs. I did not get through reading them all but it did relax me. The main reason that I did not get a lot done last night was that I have not been feeling well. Partly due to the weather here (rain, drizzle, fog for over 2 weeks), and partly due to depression. I have been battling depression for 6 years, since my oldest was born. For the last 4 years things have been good. I will sometimes get sad or a bit depressed but it goes very quickly. I recognize the signs...or thought I did. I did not realize until yesterday that I have started to sink into it again. Since I have now realized that I am starting to sink, I will be able to use the tools I learned last time to pull myself out. I have been off medication for 4 years. Hopefully, I will be able to pull myself out again without going back on medication.

I am hoping that I will be able to get caught up on all my emails and start posting more to the blog too. However, today will be spent looking at the other people who signed up for FNSI!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

LOL on recutting the inner circle. I'm glad it finally worked for you! It's good to know we've all been there.

Glad you joined and made progress!

Teresa said...

Persistence is something that is good. Both in quilting, and in fighting depression. I'm in that boat too. Keep up the fight - you're worth it.

Cheryll said...

Good on you Natasha... if ever you need a chat mate just email me... I'll give you something to focus on... after all, you have been swap mate to me.... still LoVe the HoT PaD !
Love the quilt too... I've always wanted to make a dresden plate...perhaps one day I will.
Great FNSI. :)

Anonymous said...

this quilt will be stunning well done,hang ib there and get well soon,you can do it.

greelyrita said...

Hang in there! You can do it!! I'm pulling for you!

Paulette said...

I was just admiring this dresden at Lily's Quilts this past week. Boy, it makes a big one doesn't it? Glad you worked it out. The pieced outer circle intimidates me just a little bit, but I'd really like to make one (or more) of these. Hope the fog of depression lifts for you soon!

LuAnn said...

That is going to be a gorgeous quilt. The fabrics are beautiful. I love Dresden quilts.